Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Roadwork

So my road-bike tires are rejoicing that Ring Road at the university is finally getting paved. Actually I guess it might be my lack of shocks too... I think it's rather unfair though that they started with the last bit that they tore up. I've been without pavement on the parts of campus that I most often frequent for quite some time.

Actually when I came in for my exam the other day I discovered that that was getting fixed. Which is a mixed blessing. I would really rather not have to climb over the markers that really look as if they're there to keep people out. However, given that both the entrance I would normally use, and then the one that I next walked to were out of comission, I didn't really have a choice. I understand that the work is important, but they really need to give warning. Yes, I leave myself extra time when coming in for an exam, but not so much extra time that I'm willing to go 20 minutes out of my way just to get on to campus.

Does anyone understand why the university is forgetting that there are people on campus this term?

No comments: