Thursday, March 15, 2007

Katrina!

Ok, so this is the sort of thing that works better on a different type of blog. Like the kind that people read. But I'm trying to figure out if Patons still makes Katrina yarn. I knit a sweater for a friend using it, and I've found a sweater that I think would be beautiful in that.

It's not listed on their site. I had a bit of fun going through eBay to find out what it was called (I remembered what it looked like, and that it was a Patons yarn. There are worse things to have to figure out). The advantage of eBay is that there is some yarn available there. However it's a bit more expensive than I'd like to pay. I like knitting, and I do need clothes, but the colour I like is currently over $50 for what is *hopefully* enough.

I am (possibly) going to Michael's soon to get supplies for my dress (although I've taken long enough that I can just wait until I go home and use what's there). I'll take a look, however if I'm going to need this online yarn I do want to know to keep an eye out for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on knitting a long sleeved sweater at some point, and it'll probably cost me around 50-60 bucks for wool.

My justification is that it's next to impossible to find basic, crew neck, wool sweaters for women. Believe me, I've tried.. v-neck, cowl neck, necks with buttons, necks with shiny things... But no plain, wool, crew neck sweaters. Bah.